Guide to playing Blackjack Online for Real Money
I have a blast playing almost any casino game online for real money, but it does not get any better than blackjack. I am not the only one that feels this way; blackjack is by far the most popular casino game, online or in an actual casino. However it is hard to have fun when you are losing real money, here are five ways to improve your blackjack game and give yourself a chance to come out ahead:
1. Make sure your game is sharp. The best way to work on your game is to play, for free, online. Bodog is kind enough to offer players a free, no download, no obligation way to play blackjack online. Even playing just 50 hands will give you the feel of how to play online and will teach you more than a simple online article ever could. Feel free to play around with different strategies, it is always better to learn from your mistakes when you are wagering fake money than real dough. Double down on 12 if you feel like it! The whole idea is to get used to playing online and to know what not to do.
2. Memorize a blackjack strategy card, or at least have a blackjack strategy card open online while you are playing. A casino game with a house edge of 2% is deemed to be player friendly; blackjack has a house edge of less than .5% when you play with perfect strategy. However the average blackjack player experiences a house edge of between 2-4% because they do not know the game well enough. You HAVE to double down on 11, you need to avoid surrendering at all costs, you need to know when you should split. The smallest details mean the most in blackjack, if you do not know what to do and when to do it the casino will eat your lunch. Memorizing a blackjack strategy card is not as difficult as it sounds and it will pay dividends for the rest of your playing career.
3. Make sure you are playing at a casino that gives its players a chance. The difference between a 3 to 2 blackjack payout and a 6 to 5 payout is enormous over time. Most actual casinos have shifted to 6 to 5 blackjack because they have higher overhead costs than online casinos. Every major casino I know of pays 3 to 2 when you hit a natural blackjack, but there are a ton of other nitpicky rules that you need to be familiar with before playing. Does the dealer hit on 17? Are you allowed to split, surrender, double down and buy insurance whenever you want to? Not knowing these facts before playing is like committing blackjack suicide. If you are not fully prepared going into the game you stand little to no chance.
4. When in doubt, wager less. This could be said for almost any casino game, blackjack is no exception. Not only are you risking less money with every hand, you should end up playing better. There is a big difference between wagering 1% and 4% of your bankroll in each blackjack hand. Wagering 1% you are likely to be less uptight and you should have no problem convincing yourself to double down when the odds are in your favor. Even if you play with perfect strategy and you do everything right the odds are still against you over time, you do not want to lose any money that you do not mind losing. Online blackjack is all about having fun, although winning certainly helps!
5. Stop playing after a major win or major loss. This tip should go without saying. Raking in a ton of cash online after a hot streak is great, but all too often you end up losing it all and more a few hours later. Losing a large portion of your bankroll in a few minutes is terrible, but do not make any rash decisions that you would regret later. Casino games play on your emotions. They naturally have house edges so that casinos can stay in business, but they could not thrive without poor decisions from players. Actual casinos spend a ton of money serving their players alcohol for free to keep them happy and to keep their guard down as far as losing money goes. If you stopped playing immediately after you got up 50% for the day every day, you would likely come out ahead in the end.« Online Casinos Highest Payout Guide to playing Roulette Online for Real Money »